When I was in my early 50s I experienced a life crisis that forced me to draw on spiritual resources I never knew I had. The company I was working for reorganized and my job was eliminated. Finding a new job when you’re in your 50s can be terrifying; I knew others in my situation who had been unemployed for over a year and had exhausted their entire life savings.
I began immediately working hard on my job search—networking, interviewing, and following-up. At the same time, I began applying spiritual tools and techniques for healing and manifestation I had learned from Native American and Maya Indian shamans and medicine men with whom I had been studying for the past fifteen years.
Within three months I had a new, better paying job in a situation that was much more satisfying. I had done the hard work a job search requires but I know, without a doubt, the spiritual principles that I applied resulted in finding something so much more quickly and far beyond anything I had imagined.
. . . . . . . . .
- If you’re having a hard time getting a new project started,
- If you’re frustrated because a new initiative didn’t unfold the way you had hoped,
- If you’re disappointed because you didn’t get the results you had planned,
- If you’re struggling to make a change in your life,
Spiritual tools from the ancient Maya Indians can help you.
. . . . . . . . .
The ancient Maya Indians meticulously studied the movements of the planets in the heavens, looking for clues to help them better understand life on Earth. Without the benefit of telescopes and centuries before Galileo and the dawn of modern science, the Maya documented the complex interrelationships between the Earth, the Sun, the Moon, and Venus.
The Sun’s impact on the Earth—warmth, light, weather, and the seasons—is easily discernable. However, the subtler yet critically important effects of the Moon and Venus upon life here on Earth were also recognized by the Maya including:
- The phases of the Moon and their effect upon the Earth’s tides and women’s menstrual cycles, as well as our overall physical and mental health, and
- The ‘twin’ connection between Venus and the Earth, and how the brilliant, radiant light from Venus is a ‘source of power’ for life here on Earth.
Through trial and error, the Maya learned to apply their knowledge of the cycles of the Moon for their immediate, practical benefit. They discovered:
- Seeds planted during the New Moon yielded healthier, faster growing, and significantly more abundant crops.
- Crops had better yields when ceremonies to bless and consecrate seeds for planting were held during the dark phase of the Moon that immediately precedes the New Moon.
- Individuals with physical or mental illnesses responded more quickly and dramatically to healing actions taken during the New Moon.
The Maya also learned Venus has a particularly strong energetic impact on the Earth, especially during its phases as the ‘Morning Star’ and ‘Evening Star’. They discovered:
- Healing ceremonies and interventions timed to coincide with key Venus phases achieved better results and improved outcomes.
- Military campaigns and political transitions were believed to be more successful when timed to coincide with important Venus cycles.
- New undertakings benefited greatly from incorporating the life-enhancing, illuminating energies from Venus.
Spiritual Essence of the Moon and Venus
Modern science has documented the complex physical forces that are found in the universe and that impact the interaction of planets. But our material worldview has kept us from exploring the unseen and unmeasurable aspects of the cosmos that were so apparent to the ancient peoples.
The ancient Maya, and other indigenous cultures, acknowledged that the Moon and Venus are so much more than inert masses of rock hurtling through space. In addition to the impact of their physical energies, they each have a unique, non-physical spiritual essence that also influences life on Earth.
. . . . . . . . .
Ancient cultures around the world share a common belief in the ‘Moon Goddess,’ a sacred, divine feminine presence associated with the Moon. For the Maya, she is Ix Chel; in China she is known as Kuan Yin; in the Celtic tradition she is referred to as Rhiannon.
The Moon Goddess is the feminine aspect of God and offers us the divine essence of unconditional love, compassion, healing, mercy, and grace.
She represents the universal cosmic processes of procreation, conception and birth—the pure creative energy of the Divine—available to us.
The Maya discovered that starting an activity on the New Moon, while invoking the spiritual powers of the Moon, creates an ‘ideal birth process.’
In Greco-Roman mythology, the Goddess Venus was the embodiment of love, beauty, fertility, prosperity and victory. For the Maya, the planet Venus was associated with Kukulkan (also known as Quetzalcoatl), an ancient ruler and a divine being.
The brilliant, radiant light from the planet Venus, especially when Venus appears as the Morning or Evening Star, transmits the power and energy of life and abundance.
The spiritual energy of Venus/Kukulkan can also be used to augment the process of healing and personal transformation.
The Maya discovered that, when the spiritual powers of Venus are invoked to assist a new effort, powerful cosmic energies become available to empower and accelerate new creations.
WHEN THE SPIRITUAL POWERS OF THE MOON AND VENUS ARE BOTH INVOKED TO ASSIST
A NEW BEGINNING AND ACTIVITIES ARE TIMED TO THE OPTIMAL PHASES OF BOTH
THE MOON AND VENUS, THE ENTIRE PROCESS BECOMES SUPERCHARGED.
. . . . . . . . .
How to Use The Energies of the Moon and Venus for your own creations:
- Start new projects or undertakings during the New Moon—‘planting seeds’ for manifestation.
- Light a candle to represent the energy of the Moon and visualize your project or undertaking surrounded and infused with Divine light transmitted through moonlight.
- Select an image of the Moon Goddess (Ix Chel, Kuan Yin, Rhiannon etc.) and ask Her to bless and nurture your new creation.
- Envision your new project or undertaking bathed, enlivened, and empowered through the brilliant, radiant light-energy from Venus as the Morning Star.
- Join me every month for a FREE teleconference, “Maya Meditation for Manifestation,” held on the New Moon. Details of these events are posted on my Facebook page— “Otto John Kralovec”—OR—you can receive reminders via email by subscribing to my blog through my website, pathwaystothedivine.org.
Additional information on the profound spiritual practices of the ancient Maya Indians and the amazing powers and blessings of Ix Chel can be found in my new book: Pathways to the Divine: One’s Man’s Journey Through the Shamanic Realm of the Ancient Maya, available through Amazon Books.